SOLIDWORKS Inspection comes with several standard report templates like 3D\2D PDFs, Microsoft Excel, XML but in case you want to build your own or customise it there's an integrated template editor that is straightforward to setup and use.
SOLIDWORKS Inspection captures vital design characteristics from any drawing and automatically balloons them and organizes the values into an Excel-based report. Parameters are automatically calculated for pass-fail criteria, and updates are smooth to carry out.
This Blog briefs about setting up the Excel Template for SOLIDWORKS Inspection and its process.
Custom TEMPLATE creation is very easy process in SOLIDWORKS INSPECTION where we need to apply Property Attributes from INSPECTION TEMPLATE EDITOR.
Let’s see how we can make Custom INSPECTION TEMPLATE:
1. Open Template Editor from FILE Menu
2. Default Template can be Selected, or Custom Excel Sheets can be Selected
3. Creation of Report format (Excel) is ready and Opened in Template Editor to Apply Property Attributes
4. Contains Attributes related to Document Information
5. Attributes can be Assigned from Project Properties
6. Attributes can be Assigned from BOM Table
7. Special Type of Attribute is Listed Under Specification Token
8. All the Project Characteristics are listed under Characteristics Token
9. All the Dimensions are listed under Measurement Token
10. Inserting ATTRIBUTES to a Particular Cell
Help of excel function can be taken to automate the process. Considering different part different templates can be established and can be easily published.
Please feel free to contact Engineering Technique for any query, we’re happy to help you with your SOLIDWORKS Inspection templates.
Engineering Technique is a leading SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD Software Reseller of Commercial and Educational licenses in Gujarat (India). We have Sales & Technical Support Offices in Ahmedabad, Vadodara, and Surat. We can help you to improve new product development using the SOLIDWORKS Desktop software suite.