In this blog post, we have highlighted the top five features in SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD.
Keep reading to learn how SOLIDWORKS 2020 will help speed up every aspect of your design process with these top new features.
Large Assembly Drawings for Working Faster
Work faster on drawings with many sheets, configurations, and resource-intensive views.
- Detailing Mode: Open drawings in a matter of seconds while maintaining the ability to add and edit annotations.
- Graphics Acceleration for Drawings: Improve frame rates when panning and zooming within drawings with hardware-accelerated rendering.
Faster Assembly Design
Speed up assembly design and reduce visual clutter.
- Envelope Publisher: Include components from a top-level assembly as envelopes in a subassembly.
- Large Design Review: Create mates to the reference geometry of components, create and edit linear and circular component patterns, edit pattern-driven and sketch-driven component patterns.
Create assembly designs faster while maintaining an accurate bill of materials.
- Make Part Flexible: Display the same part in different conditions in the same assembly. For example, show a spring compressed and at full length in the same assembly.
Create robust sketches faster.
- Silhouette Entities: Create multiple sketch entities by projecting the outline of component bodies onto a parallel sketch plane.
- Torsion Continuity Relation: Achieve G3 curvature between sketched curves, thereby allowing a seamless transition.
Faster Calculations and Improved Accuracy for Simulation
Run faster calculations and better simulation of real-world behavior.
- Speed and Accuracy: Speed up analysis and improve accuracy by combining linear and quadratic elements in the same simulation study.
- Pin and Bolt Connectors: Deform faces attached to Pin and Bolt connectors.
- Beam Models: Import temperatures to perform a stress analysis after running a thermal analysis on a model with beams.